Monday 30 December 2013

UPDATE ON LIFE - My Recovery

Hi guys,


QUICK REVIEW: 
As some of you may know, March 2013 I tore one of the major ligaments in the knee (ACL) while playing rugby! 

It was the first game of the season and first minute of the game. Unfortunately, the tackle got ugly and I tore it! Left the feild, had to stop playing for the rest of the season until I was able to have the surgery only 3 months later (thanks to my coach and Dad). 

All summer, I was recovering from the surgery. Resting it, being extra aware of how I move it, and just being 100% careful to not re-injure anything in my leg. 

Rehab was the way to go in order to get me back in shape for this upcoming season March 2014.



NOW:
I've stopped doing physiotherapy at the clinics, and started working out on my own! 

Strengthening the muscles in my legs are my top priority when it comes to my health and fitness. I lost a lot of it due to the surgery, and recovery process (unable to run). 

Still unsure if I will be 100% ready to play again, I won't stop exercising! Whether or not I go back to playing, this whole experience changed me!

It made me realise how much support I really have, the many people who I'm thankfully blessed to know, and the confidence and hope that is gained during one of the lowest times in my life. 

It may be hard to understand this when I say, I'm glad I was able to experience this. IT CHANGED ME. RUGBY CHANGED ME. 

The way that I look at life now, is totally different from March 2013 - the day that it happened. Words cannot express the many great things that compensate for this bump in the road. 

So THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO WAS WITH ME IN THIS JOURNEY TO SELF DISCOVERY AND RECOVERY. I TRULY APPRECIATE THE SUPPORT AND AM OVERJOYED THAT I WAS ABLE TO GO THROUGH IT WITH YOU. 

:) <3

"Confidence builds from not just yourself, but the people you surround yourself with."
"No matter what happens - if you're with people who love you, you will always be happy."

No comments: