Wednesday 20 February 2013

HEALTH - How Many Hours of Sleep?

5 DO-ABLE WAYS TO HELP YOU SLEEP

On average, I'd say that I get around 5 hours of sleep per day.

That's not too-too bad, but as you might have guessed, you need at least 8. So I'm trying my best to keep myself on a schedule to give myself those FULL EIGHT HOURS that I absolutely need!

If you are having some trouble sleeping, or not getting the amount of sleep that you need, I've come up with REASONABLE and DO-ABLE ways that can hopefully help you. We both know that they always say to count sheep or take deep and calm breaths....but trust me, I'm not a supporter of any of those. I've tried. But they always disappoint me, especially the next morning when I look like ____.

:D hahahha SOOOOOOOooooooooOOOO, here they are!

1. Read a book
- Or some kind of "reading" that you can do
- It uses up the last bit of energy into your eyes, and sooner or later your eyes will start to get dry and watery, and then eventually you will want to put your book down (no matter how good it is)

2. Put down the iPhones, iPads, Androids, Blackberry's, and iPods
- I know that whatever social media or email you have to check will distract you from doing what you ACTUALLY need to do.......SLEEP!
- The bright lights will awaken your eyes; not tire them out
- Do. Not. Feel. Tempted. ---the next morning you can check it out and say to yourself, "hey!! I got a message!" or "omg, someone just followed me!!" It'll be such a pleasant surprise to make your morning :)

3. Prepare most/all of what you need for the next morning
- Knowing that you've done everything that you need to do for the new day will calm you down.
- It will reduce the time in the morning that you waste on preparing
- It will give you more time in the morning to sleep in those extra 15 minutes
- You can pat yourself on the back for being such a responsible being ;)

4. Don't concentrate on sleeping
- I know that this is somewhat ironic, but you can't think so hard
- This requires you using your brain to the best of your ability; this is not the time.
- pretty straight forward, no? :P

5. Pray
- Honestly, I personally think that this is the most useful tip
- I STRONGLY RECOMMEND that you try this one
- It has so many benefits for you (communicate to God, let go of all your issues and problems, talk your way out of staying awake, create a close relationship with Him, stress-free, relaxing, and it just lets your thoughts wander wherever it wants to go, naturally)

These are my tips, I hope that these help (if you try them out ;)
If they did, (y) :)
If they didn't (n) :( too bad.

bYEEE XOxo






No comments: